Day/Time: Tuesday and Thursday, 8:30am
Start: Riverside Dr. and Buena Vista St.
Route: Through Griffith Park, up and over Chevy Chase Dr, up Foothill Blade and through La Crescenta, down La Tuna Canyon Rd, back through Burbank
Distance: Approx.. 40 miles
Recommended Skill Level: Cat 5 and Up
Intensity: Easy on the flats, Hard on the climbs
8:30: Riverside Dr. & Avon (1 block East of Riverside/Olive).
~ 8:45: at the storm-basin bridge on Riverside between Allen & Western
~ 9:00: at Los Feliz & and Griffith Park Dr. (South exit of G-park)
Route (different on Tues/Thurs)
* Heads East on Riverside and through Griffith Park.
* East on Los Feliz; North on Glendale; East on Chevy Chase.
* Turn left onto Verdugo and head up to Montrose
* regroup at Verdugo Hills Hospital.
* Descanso to Chevy Chase and back through Glendale.
* Same as Tues., but stay on Chevy Chase and climb to the North.
* Left on Descanso, through Montrose, over La Tuna and across the valley on Vineland. Return through Toluca Lake.
* regoups at top of Chevy and before La Tuna descent.
About 10 – 30 riders. Pace varies… usually somebody going fast on the Verdugo/Chevy climbs, but ppl taking it easy too.
Map to Start: Map
Disclaimer: The information provided on this site is strictly for informational purposes only. SoCalCycling.com is not affiliated with any training rides or events and is not responsible for any injuries or death to any rider or damage to their bicycle or other property for any reason. Ride at your own risk. Cycling carries a significant risk of personal injury or death. DO NOT participate in riding a bike, any rides or events unless you are knowledgeable about the risks involved, and are willing to assume personal responsibility for all risks associated with these activities. Please observe all applicable traffic laws, wear a helmet and conduct yourself in a safe and prudent manner while participating.
Copyright © 1995-2017 SoCalCycling.com. All Rights Reserved