Accelerate the learning curve of criterium racing with the Criterium Skills Clinic powered by CCSD! The Criterium Skills Clinic will be held from 9:00 am to 12 noon on Sunday, January 12, 2014 at the Huennekens Criterium course in Mira Mesa, San Diego. The Criterium Skills Clinic’s target audience is Cat 4/5 men, Cat 3/4 women, as well as Cat 3/4 men and Masters 45/55/60+ racers who are new to racing or have less than 3 years race experience.
The Criterium Skills Clinic powered by CCSD is coached by Level 1 USAC coaches, plus a former professional cyclist. By attending the complete program, athletes receive 2 qualifying race days for a category 5 to 4 upgrade, or 2 upgrade points for a category 4 to 3 upgrade.
- On and off the bike training with USA Cycling Level 1 Coaches and retired professional Cody Stevenson (Adageo Energy, Jittery Joes)
- 20-minute Training Practice Races, broken into multiple fields and by category/gender
- Includes 5 Criterium specific Take-Home Workouts
- Bring water, a snack, a hat, and a folding chair
- Mechanic on hand for quick adjustments
- Rules You Need to Know
- Warm up Technique
- Racing Technique
The registration fee is $35 and the Clinic limited to 50 athletes.
Register at https://www.usacycling.org/register/2014-331
- More information be found on the Criterium Skills Clinic web page.
Huennekens Criterium course in Mira Mesa, San Diego
(Closest address is 9591 Waples St, SD, CA 92121)
Photo © Christy Nicholson / EchelonDesignPhoto.com