The County of Orange is developing an Active Transportation Plan (ATP) that will establish a vision and a roadmap for implementing pedestrian and bicyclist facilities within the County’s unincorporated communities.
Provide Your Input on Walking & Bicycling Facilities in Your Area
With that said, we want to hear your input! By planning a safe and convenient network of these pedestrian and bicyclist facilities, our goal is to connect more people with jobs, goods, services and public transit networks without the use of a car, thereby improving public health, and reducing environmental impacts from vehicle miles traveled and greenhouse gas emissions.
What we’re planning:
· To support these efforts, OC Public Works will be hosting a series of online “virtual walk audits” in the unincorporated communities in order to assess walking and biking conditions.
· This will consist of an online meeting with OC Public Works staff to view maps of your community and assess opportunities for pedestrian and bicyclist facilities.
How you can help:
· We invite you and/or representatives of your organization to participate in the virtual walk audit in your area and provide input on what types of improvements you would like to see.
· Each virtual walk audit will include “stops” at various locations in which participants can discuss barriers to mobility, and help our team understand preferred improvements.
· Share with others: We encourage you to share this opportunity to provide input with others in your organization and with residents in your community. We want to hear from you and others in your community.
· All virtual walk audits will be hosted from 6-7pm
- Monday November 16th – Rossmoor Island (near Los Alamitos)
- Tuesday November 17th – North Tustin (Near Tustin and Orange)
- Wednesday November 18th – Ladera Ranch / Las Flores / Rancho Mission Viejo (Near Mission Viejo and Santa Margarita)
- Thursday November 19th – Orange Park Acres (Near Orange)
- Monday November 30th – El Modena (Near Orange)
- Tuesday December 1st – Canyon Communities (Santiago Canyon, Silverado Canyon,
- Modjeska Canyon, Trabuco Canyon)
- Wednesday December 2nd – Olive Heights (Near Orange)
- Thursday December 3rd – Fairlyn Island (Near Yorba Linda)
- Monday December 7th – Hamer Island (Near Placentia)
- Tuesday December 8th – Anaheim Island (Near Anaheim)
- Wednesday December 9th – Midway City (Near Westminster)
How to RSVP and attend the online meeting (Zoom meeting):
1. To RSVP, please e-mail us at [email protected] to confirm which virtual walk audit events you would like to attend.
2. To join meeting, use the access information sent to you after you RSVP.
Again, we encourage you to share this information through your channels to residents in your community. You and other attendees are not required to review any information prior to the audits.
If you are unable to attend, but still would like to provide feedback, please visit the interactive public input map on our project website at www.WalkBikeOCPW.com.