Yamaha Funds First Ever All Kids Bike Program in Santa Barbara Bringing Cycling to Kindergarten PE Class
Ride Santa Barbara 100 (RideSB100), the premier cycling event on the American Riviera, is announcing its 2021 e-Bike class presented by Yamaha Bicycles.
As part of the Yamaha Bicycles sponsorship, Yamaha is funding the activation of an All Kids Bike program in Santa Barbara. All Kids Bike is a national movement with a mission to teach every child in America how to ride a bike in kindergarten PE class. Already in more than 350 schools nationwide, this will be the first All Kids Bike activation in Santa Barbara.
“Thanks to Yamaha and all of the RideSB100 participants, we’re able to help fund the next generation of cyclists right here in Santa Barbara,” said Jamie Monroe, RideSB100 director and owner of Easy Day Sports. “This is a special year for our event. Our 10th anniversary, and likely a sell-out field of riders eager to get back to the premier cycling experience in Central California.”
Main components of the Yamaha sponsorship include:
- Yamaha Bicycles demos at the RideSB100 expo, including a limited number of bikes available for riders to take on one of the courses. (First come, first serve. Contact [email protected] if you’re interested.)
- Yamaha Bicycles will cover the cost of RideSB100 entry for anyone who owns a Yamaha Power Assist Bicycle and rides it during the event. (Qualified riders must check in at the Yamaha booth at the expo to receive a gift card reimbursement for their entry fee.)
- Yamaha Bicycles is the presenting sponsor of the RideSB100 e-Bike class. All categories are open to e-Bike riders, however, the Gibraltar Challenge is not included.
- Yamaha Bicycles is funding the All Kids Bike program activation at a school in Santa Barbara. (School to be determined.) The All Kids Bike donation includes an eight-lesson Kindergarten PE Learn-To-Ride Curriculum, teacher training and certification, 25 Balance Bikes, helmets, pedal conversion kits and a five-year support plan. All at zero cost to the school, thanks to Yamaha and RideSB100.
Named “One of 9 American Centuries to Master” by Outside magazine, RideSB100 delivers one of the most scenic, challenging and fun cycling experiences in the country, and is also the only major cycling event that starts and finishes at the famous Leadbetter Beach in Santa Barbara, California. The event’s beachfront expo provides a spectacular setting for riders, friends, and family to gather in celebration of the ride, with food, beer gardens and sponsor booths over two days.
RideSB100 features four routes catering to riders of varying skill and experience levels including:
- 100-mile: An advanced ride featuring the Gibraltar Challenge, a grueling 3,000-foot climb in just 7-miles.
- 100-km + Gibraltar: For experienced riders who want to tackle the famous Gibraltar Challenge.
- 100-km: A challenging cycling experience featuring coastal and mountain roads.
- 34-mile: A fun and scenic course for casual riders and weekend warriors.
Additional categories for teams, tandems, e-Bikes (Class 1 and 3) and virtual riders are also included for 2021.
Yamaha Bicycles has a number of road bike options including the Civante Class 3 drop bar road bike, the UrbanRush Class 1 drop bar road bike, and Wabash Class 1 adventure gravel e-Bike.
Registration is open at www.RideSB100.com.