In addition to the some modifications and improvements to the Di 2 Electric 9070 Groupset, Shimano will be introducing the much needed and revamped mechanical Dura-Ace Groupset.
Key Features of the 2013 Shimano 9000 Dura-Ace Series Include:
- The 2013 Shimano 9000 Dura-Ace Series will be 11 speed, instead of the current 10 speed.
- The weight was reduced to make it more efficient all the way around.
- Improved lever ergonomics with dual compound hoods along with a claimed smoother more responsive shifting and easier installation for better maintenance.
- Quicker shifting on the front derailleur with a shorter throw for a more claimed responsive shifting.
- The brake calipers have been refined for less effort and better control and modulation.
- The crankset is completely redesigned to drop weight but maintain efficiency.
- The bottom bracket uses better seals for less friction for a more efficient ride.
- The rear derailleur has been redesigned for improved shifting for a more equal shifting efforts across the gear range.
- The cogset is now 11 speed and uses a carbon mid-spider and titanium sprockets to drop weight and make for a more efficient gear range.
- The BB30 option for the crankset is still missing, which will continue to leave the door open for after market cranks to fill the nitch.