The Roger Millikan Memorial Criterium is always an early season favorite for the racers and fans to attend. The 2015 course was held on the newer course of recent years that has a fun downhill chicane and slight uphill before the final turn to the start / finish area.
Each February, the Roger Millikan Memorial Criterium is held in memory of our old friend Roger Millikan who ran the Eldorado Crit Training Ride in the 90′s and the Valentine’s Day Massacre Crit in Brea.
Photos © Christy Nicholson / EchelonDesignPhoto.com
The Pro Men’s race was aggressive with several breakaway attempts throughout the race that only seemed to maintain the gap for a lap or two before getting caught. In the end, a field sprint saw the Williams Brothers battling it out for the win with Cory Williams (Incycle/Cannondale) taking the win ahead of Justin Williams (Astellas Cycling Team).
The Women’s race saw a break of seven riders escape the pack about half way through the race. The teams in the main group were content with the break and slowed the pack down enough for the break to stick with Coryn Rivera (Twenty16 pb Sho-Air) taking the win ahead of Colleen Gulick (Team EPS / CSS pb Shebell & Shebell).
Check back to SoCalCycling.com for full results & photo gallery.
Pro 1/2 Men’s
1. Cory Williams (Incycle / Cannondale)
2. Justin Williams (Astellas Cycling Team)
3. Miguel Byron
1. Coryn Rivera (Twenty16 pb Sho-Air)
2. Colleen Gulick (Team EPS / CSS pb Shebell & Shebell)
3. Emily Georgeson (Monster Media)
1. Charon Smith (Surf City Cyclery / Sterling BMW)
2. Tommy Robles (Breakaway From Cancer Elite Masters)
3. Michael Easter (Monster Media)
Report by Christy Nicholson / SoCalCycling.com