This weekend provided some great cycling events for just about every type of cyclist!
Things were hopping in Mammoth as they revived the fun from mountain biking’s glory days of the 80’s and 90’s with the Mammoth Kamikaze Mountain Bike Games.
Down South, the Giro di San Diego hosted a two-day festival featuring five mass-start, timed cycling events for road and mountain bikers, the Bike & Fitness Expo, and the Super Tasty 5K – Taste of Solana Beach Restaurant Walk.
In it’s inaugural year, the Carlsbad Grand Prix and Carlsbad Family Fun Ride offered two great events. The Carlsbad Grand Prix was held on a 0.9 mile closed criterium circuit that finished with a sweeping view of the Pacific Ocean, while the Carlsbad Family Fun Ride offered a free family fun ride for bike riders of all types, and a family-oriented healthy lifestyle expo on Saturday.
Riders who like to test themselves against the clock, got the chance to do so at San Diego Time Trials at Fiesta Island, a time trial series in San Diego that still has two upcoming events in October and November.
In addition, Masters racers got a chance to go for the Stars and Stripes and a National Title in Bend, Oregon at the Masters Road National Championships, which saw several SoCal’s Masters deliver and bring home the jersey.
Below are the results from the action packed cycling weekend!
- Mammoth Kamikaze Mountain Bike Games – Results
- Giro di San Diego – Results
- Carlsbad Grand Prix – Results
- San Diego Time Trials at Fiesta Island – Results
- Masters National Road Championships Day 1 – Results & Report
- Masters National Road Championships Day 2 – Results & Report
- Masters National Championships Day 3 & 4 – Results & Report
- Masters National Championships Day 5 – Results
Photo © Frank Sarate / SoCalCycling.com