The Fuji Transonic Elite Aero Road Bike is Built for Speed
The super stable, light weight and aero Fuji Transonic Elite frame set was added to the SoCalCycling.com Elite Team’s arsenal in 2017.
The Fuji Transonic Elite is the culmination of years of aero engineering in the A2 Wind Tunnel. The Transonic Elite is the epitome of all the knowledge gained and lessons learned channeled into an aero road bike that is a no-compromise machine built for the pursuit of speed with control and achieved through optimum stiffness and stable steering geometry. The Fuji Transonic Elite frame slips through the wind while putting every watt of power you generate to the ground to get you to the line first.
- Designed using Computational Fluid Dynamics in conjunction with wind-tunnel testing to create a class-leading aerodynamic frame.
- Direct-mount front and rear brakes remove the excess material of a carrier plate, allowing for better frame integration, improved aerodynamics and increased brake stiffness and control.
- Headtube angle and fork offset were carefully chosen to be within the optimal range of trail adjusted throughout the size range to ensure stable steering and confidence-inspiring handling.
- Asymmetrical, oversized Energy Transfer Chainstays (ETC) offset drivetrain-induced torque by maintaining lateral stiffness and displacing power more evenly through the frame.
- Internal cable routing for mechanical and Di2 systems including an internal Di2 battery integrated into the seat post.
- Integrated chain watcher ensures smooth shifts without the risk of dropping the chain to the inside of the crank.
Here is a look at the 2017 SoCalCycling.com Elite Team’s Transonic Elite Team bike:
- Frame – Fuji Transonic Elite (C10 Ultra High-Modulus Carbon)
- Fork – FC-330 carbon monocoque with tapered carbon steerer
- Headset – FSA Tapered 1 1/8 upper – 1 1/2 lower integrated
- Stem – Vision Metron 5D Intergrated Stem (Carbon)
- Handlebar – Vision Metron 5D Intergrated Bars (Carbon)
- Seatpost – Oval Aero Carbon
- Brake / Shift Levers – Shimano Ultegra 11 Speed
- Brakes – TRP T930 (Direct Mount)
- Front Derailleur – Shimano Ultegra 11 Speed
- Rear Derailleur – Shimano Ultegra 11 Speed
- Cassette – Dura Ace 11 – 25
- Chain – KMC XL11 Silver
- Crankset – FSA SL – K Light ABS BB386EVO Carbon
- Bottom Bracket – FSA Press Fit BB30
- Pedals – Shimano Dura Ace
- Wheels – ROL Carbon 50’s (Tubulars)
- Tires – Continental Competition (front and rear)
- Bottle Cages – Elite Cannibal
- Saddle – Union Sport HARZ MXSE
- Bar Tape – FSA Power Touch