Amgen Tour of California fans around the world look forward to the race in part to see California’s natural landscapes and breathtaking vistas in person or via the worldwide race broadcast. Over the past year, parts of beautiful California suffered massive devastation due to the wildfires that engulfed parts of Northern and Southern California, and mudslides in response to heavy rain in some areas shortly after.
Online Auction benefitting American Red Cross Disaster Relief
An Amgen Tour of California online auction benefitting American Red Cross Disaster Relief is launching today to help with continued disaster relief efforts and will be open indefinitely with new items being added periodically. Bidding for the current list of products below will end on March 30, 2018. Race fans – and California fans – can bid on exclusive items from merchandise signed by pro cyclist all-stars to behind-the-scenes race experiences to help people affected by disasters. 100 percent of the proceeds from the Amgen Tour of California auction organized by STAPLES Center Foundation support American Red Cross Disaster Relief.
Items will be added up to race time in May, and initially include:
- Signed Marcel Kittel Team Katusha Jersey
- Signed Mark Cavendish Dimension Data Jersey
- Signed TAG Heuer Best Young Rider Jersey (by Dimension Data’s Lachlan Morton)
- Signed Amgen Leader Jersey (by last year’s race champ George Bennett)
- Signed 2017 LTD Ed. Jersey (by George Bennett, Peter Sagan & Rob Britton)
- Signed Visit California Sprint Jersey (by 7-time winner Peter Sagan)
- Signed Lexus KOM Signed Jersey (by 2017 classification winner Daniel Jaramillo)
- Signed Amgen Leader Jersey (by Anna van der Breggen, Katie Hall, Krista Doebel-Hickok, Ruth Winder & Juliette Labous)
- Signed Team Twenty16 jersey (by Kristin Armstrong, Mari Holden Jess Cerra, Allie Dragoo & more)
- Women’s Sign-in Board (2014 – Sacramento)
- Men’s Sign-in Board (2017 – Santa Barbara to Santa Clarita)
- 2-Person Ultimate VIP 2018 Race Experiences for Men’s Stage 5 (Stockton to Elk Grove): Unparalleled access includes a pre-race “chalk talk” and photo op with an official Race Ambassador; an unforgettable VIP Car Ride followed by the Finish Line Experience; post-race press conference access; and an official ASSOS jersey signed by that day’s stage winner.