Source Endurance is expanding with the addition of 1-2 qualified coaches to work as independent contractor(s). New coaches should have a comprehensive understanding of exercise physiology and modern training theory in addition to strong organization and communication skills. He/she will be responsible for coaching a variety of endurance athletes from the weekend warrior to the elite athlete utilizing phone, video, internet, downloadable training devices and e-mail communication. Source Endurance coaches are required to attend regular company conference calls to facilitate free knowledge flow. Additionally, a keen sense of entrepreneurship, relationship building, and a deep connection to the local market is a must. This coach will be the face of Source Endurance in the local area in which they live.
- Assist with preparation of client intake, conflict checks, calendaring and keeping track of deadlines; coordinate and manage calendar and deadlines for business and client meetings
- Prescribe daily training plans for athletes from novice to national level athletes
- Review and analyze performance data from training and racing to optimize training prescription and maximize performance, including power and strength analysis and tracking
- Field and lab test clients for health, fitness, and strength in order to provide personalized training and assess important metrics for weight loss, strength gains, and baseline values
- Write presentations and articles for company blog on topics including strength training, periodization, and endurance performance primarily targeted to cyclists and triathletes
- Follow primary literature and make updates to training models accordingly
- Provide written and verbal feedback to athletes regarding all aspects of training
- Deliver “hands on” coaching to athletes at one-on-one or group training camps
- Attend events/races as a representative of the company
- Attend regular company conference calls and meetings
- Serve as a funnel to direct athletes to Source Endurance camps, clinics and training centers for expanded coaching opportunities
- S. or M.S. degree in Exercise Science or equivalent field of study
- Extensive first-hand experience as an endurance athlete (preferably in cycling or triathlon)
- If already coaching, provide documented history of athletes’ long-term development and success
- Possess, or be in the process of obtaining, a National Governing body (NGB) coaching license: USA Cycling, USA Triathlon, USA Swimming, USA Track and Field, etc.
- Possess, or be in the process of obtaining, additional licenses or certifications: ACE, ACSM, NATA, NSCA, etc.
- Bilingual/ Fluency in Spanish is a plus
- Proficient with Google Business Apps, and mobile applications for business
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel, Word, Power Point & Outlook
- This is a contract-based position and compensation is determined by the number and level of athletes coached
- Benefit package available to qualifying coaches
In order to apply for the position, please submit a resume, cover letter and any relative athletic or coaching experience to-