The SoCalCross PRESTIGE SERIES 2/3 Spooky Cross-itas Weekend will take place on November 3rd and 4th at Lake Casitas Recreation Area in Ventura.
This will be a Halloween-themed Cyclocross weekend named Spooky Cross-itas! Saturday, November 3rd starts with CXC 5k Cross Run and 10k Dirt Duathlon at 9 AM. 9:30 AM Ride CX Skills Clinic then at 10 AM a first timers, youth and Juniors will kick off Day One!
Celebrate into dusk with the Spooky Cross Costume Race 5:30 PM. Celebration at the campground under the stars.
Sunday, November 4th will start the race day earlier. 8:30 AM CX Skills Clinic.. 9 AM racing begins! End of the day features our TEAM Relay Race. 2/4 person teams and 4 laps of fun!
Saturday 11/3 Event Schedule:
- 9:00am 5k CX Run & 10k MTB/CX Dirt Duathlon
- 9:30 am RideCX.com Skills Clinic
- 10:00 am 1-CX 1st timer, Juniors 9-18, Youth Age 6-9
- 11:00 am 2-CX Men 55+, 65+, 35+C, C – AM
- 12 noon 3-CX Men 35+B, 45+B, Women 35+45+55+
- 1:00 pm 4-CX Men 35+A, 45+A, Killer Bs
- 1:55 pm Intermission Kiddie Cross & Doggie Costume Race
- 2:00 pm 5-CX Women A B C
- 3:00 pm 6-CX Single Speed, Collegiate, Men C – PM
- 4:00 pm 7-CX Men A/U23
- 5:30 pm Spooky Cross Costume Contest & Fun Race
Sunday 11/4 Schedule **Time Change Fall Back 1 hour more sleep!
- 8:30 am RideCX.com Skills Clinic
- 9:00 am 1-CX 1st timer, Juniors 9-18, Youth Age 6-9
- 9:45 am 2-CX Men 55+, 65+, 35+C, C – AM
- 10:40 am 3-CX Men 35+B, 45+B, Women 35+45+55+
- 11:35 am 4-CX Men 35+A, 45+A, Killer Bs
- 12:30 pm Intermission Kiddie Cross & Doggie Race
- 12:35 pm 5-CX Women A B C
- 1:30 pm 7-CX Men A/U23
- 2:40 pm 6-CX Single Speed, Collegiate, Men C – PM, Team Relay
Course Map & Description:
The course is 1.6 miles in length with mostly hard packed dirt and sandy sections and as the race goes along the lakeside it will go up and down for short punchy climbs, with some roller whoops in the camp and playground area. There will be one double barrier section and stairs. Some construction dirt may create loose dirt and silt. The Costume Race Course will be a shorter 1/4 mile loop the main area and campground.
**Sealant is always good at most SoCalCross courses due to the topography of the region. Goat heads and miscellaneous debris can be mixed into the course at any point you might find it.