Whether you’re a serious rider or just a beginner, the Gran Fondo Santa Clarita is an event you definitely won’t want to miss!
Offering 100 and 60 mile options, the event is brought to you by Santa Clarita Velo and the City of Santa Clarita; this one-day, chip-timed event will bring together cyclists from throughout California who seek to challenge themselves on the beautiful roads, rolling hills, and mountains of Santa Clarita Valley and beyond. These include some of the same roads raced on during past Amgen Tour of California races. For the less ambitious, there is a 20 mile family fun ride that will traverse the wonderful bike paths available in the City of Santa Clarita.
The event proudly benefits the Police Unity Tour which was organized in 1997 to raise awareness of Law Enforcement Officers who have died in the line of duty and to raise funds for the National Law Enforcement Officer’s Memorial and Museum.
The Gran (100 miles) and Medio (65 miles) will follow the challenging course set in 2018, and the Family ride (20 miles) will get a new route with the help of the City of Santa Clarita.
GRAN FONDO SANTA CLARITA BIKE EXPO
Saturday – – Open all day: There are numerous bike industry companies in the vendor area; they are there for you to visit and see new products they have to present. Please note that they also offer up significant prizes for the day’s raffle!
- Three routes to choose for all levels of riders: 100, 60, and 20 mile routes (Black, Red, Green) for riders of all skill levels, from beginner to pro.
- Color coded On-Course Signage.
- If you have mechanical issues there will be professional mechanics on hand at the start of the event and on-course support throughout the ride.
- Six SAG/ Feed zones with fuel from Bonk Breaker and hydration
- Prizes & Raffle Drawing after event (Enter for a chance to win some sweet gear & products!)
- Gran Fondo Santa Clarita is on rain or shine!
- Post-Ride Beer Garden (For riders over 21 years, a ticket for one beer is included as part of your price of entry – additional tickets may be purchased)
- Post-Ride lunch of slow cooked BBQ
- All day Kids Course on the grass at the expo for family fun
- Each rider will receive a Gran Fondo Santa Clarita Musette Bag with nifty swag inside!
More Info & Registration
For more information and to register please visit https://www.granfondosantaclarita.com/