The dates for the San Dimas Stage Race (SDSR) are almost here. The SDSR is a premier race which attracts top flight riders and teams in all categories and provides great entertainment for spectators of all ages. Now in its 14th year, the race is hosted by Southern California Velo (SC Velo), supported by terrific sponsors, and staffed by dedicated volunteers led by Race Director Al Wiscovitch.
The race consists of three exciting stages in three great venues:
- A challenging Time Trial up Glendora Mountain Road (GMR) on Friday, March 22nd, sponsored by Chaffey Auto Body.
- A grueling classic Road Race around Bonelli Park on Saturday, March 23rd, sponsored by San Dimas Community Hospital.
- A fast and furious Criterium around downtown San Dimas on Sunday, March 24th, sponsored by Incycle bike stores and Cannondale bikes.
All three stages offer great opportunities for riders to excel and for cycling fans to see exciting pro and amateur racing up close. If you can only attend one day, come on Sunday and enjoy our Expo along with the race. There are no admission fees for watching the races.
On-Line Registration is complete with almost 800 riders signed up. Many world class professional teams and riders are on the roster. Talented riders from around the country and beyond have signed up in large numbers in all categories from Pro to Juniors, including 2001 San Dimas Pro champion Chris Walker riding for the Time – Velo Pasadena Team returning in the Masters 35+ race. All of the fields are strong and the riders are anxious to kick off their racing seasons with exceptional performances.
In-Person Registration: Several categories did not sell out, so in person registrations will be accepted on a first come-first served basis on Thursday, March 21st, between 6:00 PM – 8:00 PM at the San Dimas Incycle cycle shop located at 561 W. Arrow Hwy. In person registration can also be done on Friday, March 22, in the registration area of the 1st stage, the Glendora Mountain Road Time Trial, up to 1 hour before the first start time of the category being signed up for. See https://sdsr.info for more information about open categories, Time Trial location, and start times.
Pro Women’s and Men’s Team Rider Rosters – Download
Time Trial Start Times – Download
Men’s Pro/Cat 1 is completely filled with an outstanding field of strong riders.
The Men’s Pro/Cat 1 teams represented by one or more riders are:
- 5hr Energy p/b Kenda
- BISSELL Pro Cycling
- California Giant / Specialized
- Calimax p/b Pista Palace
- CashCall Mortgage
- Champion System p/b Stan’s NoTubes
- Elbowz Racing p/b Boneshaker Project
- F.C.C. powered by Pure Gear
- Fremont Bank Cycling Team
- Gateway Harley-Davidson/Trek U23
- Get Crackin
- Hagens Berman Cycling
- Horizon Organic/Panache Elite Cycling
- ISCorp Intelligentsia
- Jamis Hagens Berman p/b Sutter Home
- Jelly Belly p/b Kenda
- Kelly Benefit Strategies / LSV
- Marc Pro-Strava
- Michelob Ultra – La Grange
- Predator Cycling
- Ride With Rendall
- Rokform/Rock N’ Road
- SC Velo MRI Endurance Elite U23
- Stage 17-Cylance
- Team Bike Religion/ShoAir
- Team Clif Bar Cycling
- Team Depredadores / GDesign’s
- Team H&R Block
- Team MIke’s Bikes p/b Incase
- Team Rio Grande
- Team SmartStop-Mountain Khakis
- Trek Red Truck p/b Mosaic Homes
- United Healthcare of Georgia p/b The 706 Project
Women’s Pro/Cat 1-2-3 has a large field of great riders, including two previous SDSR Women’s Pro Champions, 2011 champion Amber Neben racing with The Dare to be Project Team and 2007 champion Meredith Miller racing with Team Tibco.
The Women’s Pro/Cat 1-2-3 teams represented by one or more riders are:
- B4T9 Women’s Cycling Team
- Colavita Fine Cooking
- DNA Cycling p/b Plan7
- Exergy TWENTY16
- Gregg’s Trek
- Helen’s Cannondale
- Jobing.com Women’s Racing
- Keller Rohrback Cycling Team
- Landis/Trek White Mountain Cycling Club
- Major Motion Development
- Michelob Ultra – La Grange
- NOW and Novartis for MS
- Optum p/b Kelly Benefit Strategies
- Pinnacle p/b Argon 18
- Santa Fe Trails
- SC Velo/Incycle
- Spy Giant Ride
- Team Fremont Bank
- Team Kenda p/b RACC
- Team Tibco
- The Dare to Be Project
- Trek Red Truck Racing p/b Mosaic Homes
- Winner’s Edge
Photo © Christy Nicholson / EchelonDesignPhoto.com