Ride and celebrate the start of the 2014-15 SoCalCross season this Sunday, September 7 at the SoCalCross Pedal Cross Mulholland 10-Speed Gravel Grinder for some saddle time. There will be a mix of pavement and dirt followed by lots of food and drink at Pedaler’s Fork Restaurant!
Join 2X CXLA Champion Adam Craig (Giant Factory Off-Road Team) and World Cup, U23 World Champion and Elite National Champion from the Netherlands, Lars van der Haar. Both riders are in SoCal before next week’s Clif Bar CrossVegas and are hanging out at the Giant Headquarters.
Meet at Pedaler’s Fork / 10-Speed Coffee! 23504 Calabasas Rd Calabasas, Ca 91302 on Sunday, September 7
3-ROUTES… something for everyone!
- Newbie beginner to dirt route: 20 miles 1,500 feet climb
- Middle route: 28 miles 2,700 ft climb
- Advanced route: 34 miles dirt and trails and 4,500 ft climb
7:00am – Check In begins. Ride Day registration available. Enjoy organic roast and danishes
8:00am – Instructions & introductions
8:15am – Ride Departs
The ride will cover Mulholland Drive and surrounding dirt roads and some trails. Cue sheets and Ride With GPS link available online. Ride leaders will be mixed into the crowd. The ride is 50km more or less depending on the route you choose. All routes are doable on a road bike but would suggest only for the super experienced rider. Also a MTB is a good choice and of course, CYCLO-CROSS BIKE is the most FUN!
- LONG ROUTE… MORE CLIMBING PLEASE: 34 miles includes the medium route plus bonus 5 mile loop for more climbing! LINK
- THE MAIN GRIND medium route: 28 miles. For the hearty experienced group able to handle steep descents loose dirt sections and a couple of short steep climbs. LINK:
- And finally, there is the MULHOLLAND short route: 20 miles good for newbies and new to dirt riding, easy one for the road bike. LINK
More info and Registration:
Contact Dorothy Wong if you have questions @ [email protected]